Green Living - Medicine Disposal
Proper disposal of both prescription and over-the-counter medication is very important!
When you're done here, click back to return to the main Green Living page.
- Put medications in our recycling bins
- Flush unused medication down sinks or toilets
- Crush solid medications or dissolve them in water (this applies for liquid medications as well), mix with kitty litter, used coffee grounds, dirt or a similar material, then place in a sealed bag to reduce the risk of poisoning children and/or pets before placing the bag in the trash
- Remove or ink out personal information from the medication label
- Purchase a mailing envelope from local drugstores to send medications to a legal disposer
- Take to the 9th Police District HQ located at 401 N. 21st Street at Hamilton Street OR
- Take to the Parkway Pharmacy on the service corridor of our own building
For More Information
For more information, you may wish to review: